You teach your kids to eat right, exercise, and wear a bicycle helmet.
But do you teach them to save?
Saving nourishes dreams. Saving strengthens self-discipline.
Saving protects the future.
Teach your kids to put income aside today for tomorrow’s goals. Help them grow strong and healthy with a credit union $avers and $ensce club savings account.
$avers & $ense Club Savings
Participate in special activites each month aimed at helping youth learn to save and spend wisely. Get exclusive high school debit card designs here.
- $5 Minimum Balance
- Earn Interest Monthly
- Special Welcome Gift available: Get a Moonjar® Money Bank with Save, Spend and Share Sections, drawstring bag, and more goodies with your new account!
- Choose a Gift from the Treasure Chest with Every Deposit
Free Student Checking
Students of all ages are eligible for student checking with debit card. No minimum balance required.
- Link to your child’s account through online banking.
- Free financial literacy seminars and in-school presentations.
- Overdraft protection from a Purdue Federal Visa credit card or savings account.
- Branches inside Jefferson and Harrison high schools.
- Help your child learn to budget and manage money before leaving home.
- Build a strong credit history early to make getting student loans, renting an apartment and buying a car easier.
Reloadable Visa Debit Cards
Load. Spend. Reload.
Accepted almost everywhere Visa debt is accepted, reloadable debit cards let you load money, spend and reload the card again and again.^
A reloadable debit card is a great option for teens. Purchase your reloadable card at any Purdue Federal branch.
- Accepted at point-of-sale terminals, ATMs and online.
- Get cash back for free at a point-of-sale terminal.
- Safer than carrying large amounts of cash.
- Receive text messages with your balance each time a transaction is made.
- Load money for free.
- Monthly maintenance fee waived with direct deposit.
- Get the power of plastic without the risk of debt.
Purdue Federal actively provides financial literacy in local classrooms around Greater Lafayette. We are the only financial institution to have student-run branches inside local high schools.
Show your school spirit with your favorite debit card design. Now available for the following schools: Benton Central, Central Catholic, Faith Christian, Harrison, Lafayette Jeff, McCutcheon, Ivy Tech and Purdue University. Coming soon: West Lafayette!
Stop by a branch and let us create your new debit card, instantly while you wait. Walk out with your favorite school in your wallet!
Other Card Designs Available:
Purdue Federal’s services are available now and even after graduation. Ask about student loans.
Private Student Lending
A better way to pay for college.
With the cost of education on the rise, the gap between college cost and available financial aid is growing wider every year. As a result, many students and families have resorted to higher-cost private student loans to fill the funding gap.
With our Credit Union Student Choice private loan solution, students will achieve their dream of a higher education, without the higher price tag often associated with private student loans.
- No origination or pre-payment fees
- Extremely competitive rates
- Flexible repayment options
- Easy online application and 24/7 call center services
- Convenient line-of-credit that helps you secure financing for your entire undergraduate career*
*Subject to credit qualifications and annual review. Student loans available only for approved higher education institutions.
** No purchase necessary. Must be between five and 14 years of age. Promotion period: All eligible automatic and manual entries, as provided in the Official Rules received between April 1-30, 2013. By submitting any entry you agree to be bound by the Official Rules. Contact the Credit Union at 800.627.3328 or 765.497.3328; write us at Purdue Federal Credit Union, Savings Sleuth Promotion, PO Box 1950, West Lafayette, IN 47996-1950; or visit our website at purduefed.com/youth to obtain a complete copy of the official contest rules. Entry in this promotion or acceptance of any prize constitutes acceptance of the Official Contest Rules. **Subject to approval. Membership eligibility required.
^Membership eligibility required. Purchase fee of $4.50. Monthly maintenance fee of $4.95. Maintenance fee begins in second month after card is activated and continues until card reaches $0 balance. Lost/stolen replacement card fee of $15. See full details at www.atirareload.com.