Are you prepared?
You should have 3 to 6 months' worth of expenses saved to cover an unexpected situation.
Start Preparing Today:
- Open an Emergency Savings Account (with $0)1
- Set up monthly auto transfers (any amount).
- Watch your savings GROW.
- Learn more about saving for emergencies.
You'll get a $50 boost in your Emergency Savings Account after:
- Your month-end emergency savings balance is equal to or greater than $500 (after three months)
- Three auto transfers (set up by a Purdue Federal staff member)
- Get another $50 boost when your month-end emergency savings balance is equal to or greater than $1,000
You'll also need:
- An active checking account
- Paperless statements
1 A one-time bonus of $50 will be paid when the balance meets $500 and $1000 threshold respectively, maximum bonus total of $100. Minimum of 1 recurring automatic transfer deposit set up by a credit union member services representative in 3 separate months is required to earn bonus. Paperless statements on same membership required to earn bonus. Bonus will be paid no later than the fifth day of the month immediately following the qualifying month. Bonus is a considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Social Security Number required for account holder to receive bonus. Member must maintain a checking account on the same membership as the Emergency Savings Account. If the related checking account is closed for two consecutive months the Emergency Savings Account will convert to a special savings account. Limited to one Emergency Savings Account per membership. Not available to businesses. Membership eligibility required.