Best Free Checking Account
Competitive rates, low fees, and convenience earned Purdue Federal the honor of Best Checking Account since 2009 as voted by Journal & Courier readers.
Here's what you'll need to open a Checking Account:
- Unexpired government-issued ID
- $5.00 minimum deposit
- Social Security number
- Primary Savings Account
Voted Best Checking
Voted Best Checking since 2009, Sensible checking lets you earn interest on balances of $1,000 or more. And, with My Member Perks, there are no monthly fees!
More Free Checking Perks:
Take advantage of these additional free services with your checking.
- No Monthly Fee
- No Minimum Balance
- Earns Interest*
- Custom Debit Card Designs - Choose your favorite!
- Print and Deposit Checks Online
- Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Free Mobile App with Mobile Check Deposit
- Pay with Apple Pay™
- Multiple Debit Card designs to choose from!
- Paperless Statements
- Custom Account Alerts (via email and text)
- Popmoney - pay people with your phone!
- Earn $5 a month just by using your Visa Debit Card 30 or more times* with My Member Perks
- Sophisticated 24/7 Fraud Monitoring
- Nationwide Surcharge-Free ATMs and Branch Locations
- Order checks online (If you qualify for a free standard box of checks through My Member Perks, they must be picked up in the branch)
Free Student Checking
Our free student checking is designed to help students build smart spending habits - without the hassle of monthly fees! It is available for full-time college students under age 25.
Click the blue button for all the details.
*High school students? Click here to see all our debit card options and details about our student checking for you, too!
*Subject to approval. Cash rewards will be automatically credited to checking accounts with 30 or more combined transactions in a given month by all Purdue Federal Visa Debit Cards associated with your checking account when your checking account has paperless statements and qualifies through the My Member Perks program. Both signature and PIN Purdue Federal Visa Debit Card point-of-sale transactions count toward monthly transaction total. Automatic cash reward will be made no later than the fifth day of the month immediately following the qualifying month. Monthly cash rewards will be reported to the IRS as taxable income. Social Security Number required for accountholder to receive cash rewards. Debit Perk valid only on accounts in good standing. Health Savings Accounts, payroll card accounts and non-interest bearing accounts not eligible for cash rewards. My Member Perks is subject to change without notice. Membership eligibility required.