Purdue Federal Credit Union (Purdue Federal) serves more than 82,000 members worldwide with assets at more than $1.2 billion. The credit union’s purpose is to be its members’ trusted financial partner for life and its staff is driven by superior member service and dedication to the communities where Purdue University and its regional campuses operate.
As a member-owned cooperative, Purdue Federal is democratically controlled by a nine-member volunteer board of directors elected by the membership and guided in day-to-day operations by an experienced senior management team.
Together, our board of directors and senior management team is dedicated to fulfilling the strategic initiatives that align us with our mission of being our members’ trusted financial partner for life. They also help create a culture committed to financial innovations, member service, employee professionalism, and a little fun.
Benefits of Serving on the Board or on a Committee:
- Contribute to the financial well-being of members and success of Purdue Federal.
- Be associated with a leading community-minded organization.
- Participate in educational opportunities.
- Develop professional contacts.
- Serve a three-year term.
- Spend six to 10 hours per month attending board meetings, assigned committee meetings, and special planning or informational sessions and functions.
- Participate in ongoing professional development including self-study courses and conferences.
- Hire and evaluate the chief executive officer.
- Set goals and participate in strategic planning.
- Develop policies.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Address the needs and concerns of the membership.
- Fiduciary responsibility for a complex financial institution.
Committee Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Spend 2-3 hours per month attending committee meetings, and special planning or informational sessions or functions.
- Serve a one-year commitment.