So you want exceptional financial services?
Join the club.
Unlike other financial institutions, credit unions are not-for-profit, membership-based organizations. The good news is that it's not hard to get in on the action. If you're affiliated with Purdue University, have roots in LaPorte County, Indiana, or are a part of one of our Select Employee Groups, chances are you're eligible.
- Purdue Federal membership is open to current students; employees; alumni; and persons retired as pensioners or annuitants of Purdue University, as well as their immediate family members.
- Membership is also open to persons who live, work, study, or worship in LaPorte County, Indiana.
- If you work for one of the dozens of businesses, public agencies or nonprofit organizations, you're also eligible. See our list of Select Employee Groups.
- Finally, any immediate family member of a Purdue Federal member qualifies for membership.
If you qualify, the next step is to open a Primary Savings Account with a minimum deposit of $5. At that point, you have access to all the other deposit accounts, loans, financial education offerings and financial services that we have to offer.
Purdue Federal Credit Union serves members worldwide and operates branches throughout Greater Lafayette, Crown Point and La Porte, Indiana.
There are many benefits of being a credit union member, often including lower rates and higher member satisfaction. Plus, credit unions are non-profits and are member-owned, which means we're dedicated to providing services and opportunities that benefit our members, not shareholders.
One of the best parts of being a member is Purdue Federal’s My Member Perks program. Our leadership team created this exclusive program to continuously give back to our members by financially rewarding them for their entire relationship with the credit union. It is based on many factors including years of membership and usage of all products and services. My Member Perks launched in August 2013 and has delivered more than $26 million back to members since inception.
Because we value all our members and we strive to be your trusted financial partner for life, we are thrilled to share a percentage of the credit union’s annual profits with our member-owners.
We also believe the My Member Perks program has created substantial growth for Purdue Federal. In 2018, the credit union experienced excellent growth in membership, deposits and loans—likely the result of our members and the local market responding favorably to our member giveback program.
Through our unique My Member Perks program, excellent service, competitive rates and lower fees than many other local financial institutions, word has spread that Purdue Federal is the place to belong where you have worth. We hope that your credit union is meeting your financial needs, and that you have experienced the credit union difference through My Member Perks.
- Start by applying online, in the branch or by calling the Contact Center.
- Qualify for membership through one of our Select Employee Groups (SEGs) or if you
live, work, study, or worship in LaPorte County, Indiana.
- Open a savings account and deposit your $5 opening fee to purchase your share of the credit union.
Additionally, there is a $25 minimum opening deposit for checking accounts.
Life is full of milestones - educational, personal, professional. Each one brings its own unique needs. At Purdue Federal, we have some ideas on how we might help you every step along the way.Learn More