Our people are always looking out for you
So who's running the show? You are. Purdue Federal members elect a Board of Directors, which then makes decisions driven by what's best for the individuals, families and businesses that we serve.
Purdue Federal Credit Union serves more than 100,000 members worldwide and controls assets of over $1.8 billion. As a member-owned cooperative, we're governed by a nine-member volunteer board of directors elected by the membership. An experienced senior management team oversees day-to-day operations.
Together, the board and management team develop and implement strategic initiatives that help us carry out our mission of being our members’ trusted financial partner for life. They also help create a culture committed to financial innovations, member service, employee professionalism, and a little fun.
Benefits of Serving
- Contribute to the financial well-being of members and success of Purdue Federal
- Be associated with a leading community-minded organization
- Participate in educational opportunities
- Develop professional contacts
- Serve a three-year term
- Spend six to 10 hours per month attending board meetings, assigned committee meetings, and special planning or informational sessions and functions
- Participate in ongoing professional development including self-study courses and conferences
- Hire and evaluate the chief executive officer.
- Set goals and participate in strategic planning.
- Develop policies.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Address the needs and concerns of the membership.
- Fiduciary responsibility for a complex financial institution.
- Spend 2 to 3 hours per month attending committee meetings, and special planning or informational sessions or functions
- Serve a one-year commitment
Purdue Federal Credit Union serves members worldwide and operates branches throughout Greater Lafayette, Crown Point and La Porte, Indiana.