Visit us for currency exchange, notary services and more
Enjoy a variety of specialty branch services at Purdue Federal.
Foreign Currency Exchange
Members can buy currency from any Purdue Federal branch. Please note coins cannot be ordered.
- Foreign currency can be sold back at the Northwestern Ave. Branch only. No coins are accepted.
- All orders/sales will be charged a US $5 service fee.
- Shipping fee for orders is US $15 and all orders are shipped to the Northwestern Ave. Branch.
Safe Deposit Boxes
Have valuable family collectibles? Need a secure place to store documents? A safe deposit box is a great place to secure important items or documents. The best part: It only takes a few moments to rent one!
At Purdue Federal, our safe deposit boxes are located at our 26 Crossings Branch, Northwestern Ave. Branch, Union St. Branch, Win Hentschel Blvd. Branch and 113th & Broadway Branch (Crown Point). We offer five different safe deposit box sizes to meet your unique needs–safe deposit boxes sizes will vary by branch.
Medallion Signature Guarantee
Need to guarantee a genuine signature on a security transfer? We offer Medallion Signature Guarantee services. The best part: It’s free for Purdue Federal members.
We have qualified employees registered as Certified Signers with Kemark Financial Services at our 26 Crossings Branch, Win Hentschel Blvd. Branch., Monroe St. Branch (La Porte), and 113th & Broadway Branch (Crown Point).
To perform a Medallion Signature Guarantee, we require:
- Recent financial statement of your investment
- Valid, unexpired government issued Photo ID
We might require more documentation for:
- Investments involving a deceased owner
- Converting investments into a Trust
- Activating a Power of Attorney authority on an investment
- Changing the name of an owner on an investment
A few important notes about Medallion Signature Guarantee services:
- Purdue Federal Credit Union does not provide Medallion Signature Guarantee services for non-members.
- Purdue Federal Credit Union holds a $1 million bond. As such, we are unable to perform a Medallion Signature Guarantee for more than $1 million.
- Your document must contain a Medallion Signature Guarantee block. You must also provide a valid, unexpired photo identification, such as a driver’s license, military ID, etc.
- Your Certified Signer has the right of refusal to stamp documents if proper documentation is not presented. All documents presented and stamped with the Medallion Signature Guarantee stamp are recorded for auditing purposes.
Need notary services? At Purdue Federal, they’re available to certify the signer's signature and identity. You can get up to three free notary services per day. After this, the cost is just $1 each.
Purdue Federal employees who are notaries are available to notarize all documents except:
- Trust documents
- Handwritten documents
- Loan documents from another financial institution
There are a few things you should know about our notary services:
- You must sign all documents presented for notarization in the presence of the Notary Public.
- Your document must contain a Notary Block.
- You must provide valid, unexpired photo identification, such as a driver's license, military ID, etc.
- Your Notary Public has the right to refuse to notarize documents that are incomplete, written in a foreign language or that he/she does not feel comfortable notarizing.
- Your Notary Public is not permitted to certify a copy of any public record, such as a birth certificate, license, passport, etc.
- Up to three free notary services per day per Purdue Federal Credit Union member. Cost is $1 each thereafter.
Purdue Federal Credit Union serves members worldwide and operates branches throughout Greater Lafayette, Crown Point and La Porte, Indiana.