Visit us for currency exchange, notary services and more
Enjoy a variety of specialty branch services at Purdue Federal.
Safe Deposit Boxes
Have valuable family collectibles? Need a secure place to store documents? A safe deposit box is a great place to secure important items or documents. The best part: It only takes a few moments to rent one!
At Purdue Federal, our safe deposit boxes are located at our 26 Crossings Branch, Northwestern Ave. Branch, Union St. Branch, Win Hentschel Blvd. Branch and 113th & Broadway Branch (Crown Point). We offer five different safe deposit box sizes to meet your unique needs–safe deposit boxes sizes will vary by branch.
Need notary services? At Purdue Federal, they’re available to certify the signer's signature and identity.
Purdue Federal employees who are notaries are available to notarize all documents except:
- Trust documents
- Handwritten documents
- Loan documents from another financial institution
There are a few things you should know about our notary services:
- You must sign all documents presented for notarization in the presence of the Notary Public.
- Your document must contain a Notary Block.
- You must provide valid, unexpired photo identification, such as a driver's license, military ID, etc.
- Your Notary Public has the right to refuse to notarize documents that are incomplete, written in a foreign language or that he/she does not feel comfortable notarizing.
- Your Notary Public is not permitted to certify a copy of any public record, such as a birth certificate, license, passport, etc.
Medallion Signature Guarantee
Need to guarantee a genuine signature on a security transfer? We offer Medallion Signature Guarantee services. The best part: It’s free for Purdue Federal members.
We have qualified employees registered as Certified Signers with Kemark Financial Services at our 26 Crossings Branch, Win Hentschel Blvd. Branch., Monroe St. Branch (La Porte), and 113th & Broadway Branch (Crown Point).
To perform a Medallion Signature Guarantee, we require:
- Recent financial statement of your investment
- Valid, unexpired government issued Photo ID
We might require more documentation for:
- Investments involving a deceased owner
- Converting investments into a Trust
- Activating a Power of Attorney authority on an investment
- Changing the name of an owner on an investment
A few important notes about Medallion Signature Guarantee services:
- Purdue Federal Credit Union does not provide Medallion Signature Guarantee services for non-members.
- Purdue Federal Credit Union holds a $1 million bond. As such, we are unable to perform a Medallion Signature Guarantee for more than $1 million.
- Your document must contain a Medallion Signature Guarantee block. You must also provide a valid, unexpired photo identification, such as a driver’s license, military ID, etc.
- Your Certified Signer has the right of refusal to stamp documents if proper documentation is not presented. All documents presented and stamped with the Medallion Signature Guarantee stamp are recorded for auditing purposes.
Foreign Currency Exchange
Members can buy currency from any Purdue Federal branch. Please note coins cannot be ordered.
- Foreign currency can be sold back at the Northwestern Ave. Branch only. No coins are accepted.
- Please see the Fee Schedule for fees related to foreign currency.
Purdue Federal Credit Union serves members worldwide and operates branches throughout Greater Lafayette, Crown Point and La Porte, Indiana.
Yes. The annual fee is taken directly from your share account.
The contents of your safe deposit box are NOT insured against loss by the credit union or NCUA. You may document the contents and request insurance through your homeowner's policy or other special policy with their insurance company.
This method of automatically collecting the annual fee provides a convenient and efficient means for renewing your Rental Agreement. You will receive a notice of the charge and will have the charge listed on your account statement.
Only two keys will open the lock on your safe deposit box, and both keys are given to you. The credit union does not keep an extra key.
If one key is lost or stolen, you will forfeit the key deposit, but we can rekey your box if one key is provided.