Order Checks Online
Reorder your checks online here.
If you qualify for a free box of checks through My Member Perks, you must order them in a branch or through the contact center. They will be shipped to your address.
Get immediate access to your money on payday!
Here are a few things you will need to get started.
- Your Purdue Federal Credit Union account number
- Purdue Federal Credit Union's Routing Number: 274976067
- A direct deposit authorization form from your employer
Is your check issued by the U.S. Treasury?
You can enroll in direct deposit online at www.godirect.org
Foreign Currency Exchange
Members can buy currency from any Purdue Federal branch. Please note coins cannot be ordered.
- Foreign currency can be sold back at the Northwestern Branch only. No coins are accepted.
- All orders/sales will be charged a US $5 service fee.
- Shipping fee for orders is US $15 and all orders are shipped to the Northwestern Branch.
NOTE: We are currently not able to buy Indian Rupees from our members until further notice.
Safe Deposit Boxes
WHAT IS A SAFE DEPOSIT BOX?
A safe deposit box can help secure important personal documents, collectibles and family heirlooms. Available in a variety of sizes, these strong boxes are located in our vault and can be used to store important personal, business and financial papers as well as other valuables.
SAFE DEPOSIT BOX OPTIONS
Purdue Federal Credit Union (Purdue Federal) has five different safe deposit box sizes to meet your needs. All boxes are 22" deep. Please note our safe deposit boxes are only located at 26 Crossings, Northwestern Ave., Union St., and Win Hentschel Blvd. branches.
EASY TO RENT
It only takes a few minutes to rent a safe deposit box. Once you have chosen a size suitable to your needs, a member service specialist will have you sign the entry form and answer any questions you may have.
IN THE EVENT OF DEATH
Upon the death of a Purdue Federal safe deposit box owner, if applicable, the joint owner of the safe deposit box will have access. If there is not a joint owner on the safe deposit box, only a person authorized to represent the Estate may enter the box. They will be asked to take an inventory of all the safe deposit box contents for tax reporting purposes.
Boxes with items remaining unclaimed three years after the expiration of the last paid rental will be turned over to the Indiana Attorney General's office.
Do I have to be a member of Purdue Federal Credit Union to rent a safe deposit box?
- Yes. The annual fee is taken directly from your deposit account.
Are the contents of a safe deposit box insured?
- The contents of your safe deposit box are NOT insured against loss by the credit union, FDIC, or NCUA. You may document the contents and request insurance through your homeowner's policy or other special policy with their insurance company.
What should I do if all of the boxes are rented?
- If there are no safe deposit box vacancies in the credit union, you may ask to be placed on a waiting list until one is available.
Why does the credit union require the rental fee be charged to my checking or savings account?
- To save money. You will receive a notice of the charge and will have the charge listed on your account statement. This method of automatically collecting the annual fee provides a convenient and efficient means for renewing your Rental Agreement.
How many keys will be issued with a safe deposit box?
- Only two keys will open the lock on your safe deposit box, and both keys are given to you. The credit union does not keep an extra key. The key deposit is $10, which is paid at the time the safe deposit box contract is signed.
What if I lose my key?
- If one key is lost or stolen, you will forfeit the key deposit. If both keys are lost or stolen, a fee of at least $150 is charged to open the box.
What are the procedures for entering my safe deposit box?
- Each time you wish to enter your safe deposit box, you must present your photo ID and sign an admission form. You are required to have your key. The credit union does not keep an extra copy.
What security procedures will be used to protect my safe deposit box?
- Your safe deposit box is kept behind a locked door only accessible by an employee key. All our safe deposit boxes are dual-keyed; therefore, without our key and your key, your safe deposit box cannot be opened (except by force).
Who is allowed in my safe deposit box?
- You and anyone who has signed the Safe Deposit Box Lease Agreement are allowed.
Notary services are available to certify the signer's signature and identity.
- Up to three free notary services per day per Purdue Federal Credit Union member. Cost is $1 each thereafter.
Qualified Purdue Federal Credit Union employees have been commissioned by the State of Indiana and are available at each branch location to perform Notary Public services for members.
Please call to verify availability at the branch nearest you. Purdue Federal Credit Union does not provide Notary Public services for non-members.
Please note the features of our Notary Public service:
Purdue Federal Credit Union employees who are notaries are able to notarize all documents except:
- Trust documents
- Handwritten documents
- Loan documents from another financial institution
You must sign all documents presented for notarization in the presence of the Notary Public.
Your document must contain a Notary Block.You must provide valid, unexpired photo identification, such as a driver's license, military ID, etc.
Your Notary Public has the right to refuse to notarize documents that are incomplete, written in a foreign language, or that he/she does not feel comfortable notarizing.
Your Notary Public is not permitted to certify a copy of any public record, such as a birth certificate, license, passport, etc.
Medallion Signature Guarantee
Medallion Signature Guarantee services are available for guaranteeing a genuine signature on security transfers.
- Medallion Signature Guarantee services are free for Purdue Federal Credit Union members.
Qualified Purdue Federal Credit Union employees have been registered as Certified Signers with Kemark Financial Services, and are available at each branch location to perform a Medallion Signature Guarantee.
Please call to verify availability at the branch nearest you. Purdue Federal Credit Union does not provide Medallion Signature Guarantee services for non-members.
Purdue Federal Credit Union holds a $1 million bond. As such, we are unable to perform a Medallion Signature Guarantee for more than $1 million.
The following documentation is required for Purdue Federal Credit Union to perform a Medallion Signature Guarantee:
- Recent financial statement of your investment
- Valid, unexpired government issued Photo ID
Additional documentation may be required for the following events:
- Investments involving a deceased owner
- Converting investments into a Trust
- Activating a Power of Attorney authority on an investment
- Change name of owner on investment
Your document must contain a Medallion Signature Guarantee block. You must also provide a valid, unexpired photo identification, such as a driver’s license, military ID, etc.
Your Certified Signer has the right of refusal to stamp documents if proper documentation is not presented. All documents presented and stamped with the Medallion Signature Guarantee stamp are recorded for auditing purposes.
Money may be wired to or from your Purdue Federal account. Please follow these instructions and tips.
- Bank name, ABA number and city, state and country; and receiver's full name, account number and address is required when sending a wire.
- Wire form must be received by Accounting Operations no later than 3:00 PM Eastern Time for international and domestic wires in order to be sent the same day. Purdue Federal cannot guarantee the time or date of arrival for a wire once it has left us. Purdue Federal also cannot guarantee when a wire will be received.
- $15 per incoming domestic wire
- $25 per outgoing domestic wire
- $15 per incoming international wire
- $45 per outgoing international wire
Additional fees may be added to international wires by other institutions handling the transfer. Note: For international wire transfers, use FW274976067 for the Swift Code.
To receive a wire in your Purdue Federal account, please use these instructions:
Receiving Institution Name: Purdue Federal Credit Union
Purdue Federal/ABA Routing Number: 274976067
Address: 1551 Win Hentschel Blvd., West Lafayette, IN 47906
Final Credit To: Member's Name, Account Number and Address