Purdue Federal Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Purdue Federal Credit Union recognizes and values the contribution of people with differences in capabilities, experience and perspectives. Diversity encompasses gender, age, experience, education, ethnicity, religious and cultural backgrounds as well as other dimensions such as lifestyle and family responsibilities.
At Purdue Federal, we are committed to:
- A workplace which is free from discrimination, harassment, and bullying;
- Treating employees fairly and with mutual respect;
- A workplace culture that is inclusive and embraces individual differences;
- Equal employment opportunities based on ability, performance and potential;
- Making all staff aware of their rights and responsibilities with regards to fairness, equity and respect for all aspects of diversity;
- Flexible work practices and policies to support employees and their changing needs;
- Attraction, retention and development of a diverse range of talented, energetic and committed people.
To achieve a diverse and inclusive environment, we support the following programs and practices:
Recruitment, selection and promotion
Equal opportunity is integral to the recruitment and selection practices at Purdue Federal and we recognize the value of recruiting, selecting and promoting employees with different backgrounds, knowledge, experiences, perspectives and beliefs. Purdue Federal engages in outreach efforts to minority, women and other diverse organizations to create and foster diverse applicant pools.
Our compensation and role grading review processes actively consider equity in both grading and compensation and we will continue to develop strategies and initiatives to resolve any identified gaps.
Career development and performance
Our employees are encouraged to develop and progress their careers through opportunities that build on their skills, experience and potential.
Opportunities for promotion and transfer are advertised to all employees to enable individuals to further develop their own career path with Purdue Federal.
Purdue Federal undertakes succession planning reviews annually with the objective of identifying high performing and high potential individuals across the credit union.
Diversity and respect in the workplace
All employees are required to complete diversity and anti-discrimination/harassment/bullying training on an annual basis. This training raises awareness and encourages behavior that supports a work environment free from discrimination and harassment.
All employees are also expected to adhere to the company core values of Honesty, Integrity, Pride, Ownership and Mutual Respect.
Flexible working arrangements
Purdue Federal recognizes the needs of individuals to balance family and personal lives with work. Sometimes individuals require flexible working arrangements and may, for a range of reasons, seek to alter their working arrangements.
Purdue Federal will consider requests for flexible working arrangements on a case by case basis, considering the merit of the proposed arrangement, personal circumstances of the employee, the nature of the employment and the impact on the respective business area.
Cultural and religious diversity
Employees from different cultures and religions are welcomed and valued. Employees who have cultural or religious commitments are supported to participate in these activities through flexible work arrangements.
Gender equality at all levels of the organization is a key component of our diversity strategy. This includes and equitable representation of women and men at all levels of management.
Procurement and Business Practices – Supplier Diversity
Our mission is to maximize vendor opportunities with minority and women-owned businesses (MWBEs) as suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors of goods and services. We seek to build relationships with, develop, and buy from MWBEs. This contributes to strengthening communities and creates long-term growth and competitive advantage for Purdue Federal Credit Union. Our current policies and procedures reflect our commitment to developing and growing our Vendor diversity:
- Our updated Vendor Management procedures require all new vendors to answer during their due diligence review whether or not they fall under the MWBEs definition. The Contract and Compliance Analyst tracks and measures this information to document Purdue Federal’s current vendor diversity.
- Purdue Federal includes the required Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) clause in all contracts in excess of $10,000. Additionally, we send written notification of the company’s EEO/AA policy to all vendors to request their cooperation in affirmative action efforts. Accounting Operations is tasked with sending these notifications as well as keeping track of when a particular vendor received their notification.
Our objectives include:
- Actively seeking out certified diverse suppliers that can provide competitive, high-quality goods and services whose business model is aligned with our business strategy.
- Ensuring the inclusion of diverse suppliers as a part of our strategic sourcing and procurement process.
- Communicating the value of supplier diversity both internally and externally.
Purdue Federal Credit Union serves members worldwide and operates branches throughout Greater Lafayette, Crown Point and La Porte, Indiana.