Free Checking for Students
Our free student checking is designed to help students build smart spending habits. It’s why we don’t charge a monthly fee for your checking account – no matter what your balance is.
University/College Card Designs:
- No Monthly Fee & No Minimum Balance
- Free Mobile App with check deposit from your phone
- Custom Account Alerts (via email and text2)
- Free Pete Pop every Thursday at University Book Store
- Earn $5 a month just by using your Visa Debit Card 30+ times* with My Member Perks
Here's what you'll need to open a Student Checking Account:
- Unexpired government-issued ID
- Purdue Student ID
- $5.00 minimum deposit
- Social Security number
- Primary Savings Account
Locations on campus and in or around your hometown.
- 2 branches on the Purdue University Campus
(walking distance from anywhere on campus)
- Several ATMs located on the Purdue University Campus
(including some Residence Halls and Food Courts)
- 1 branch on Ivy Tech's Lafayette Campus
- 30,000+ Surcharge-Free ATMs and 4,000+ Branch Locations all over the country!
- Find ATMs with your phone. Text your location—address, intersection, zip code OR city/state to 91989. You'll receive the location of the nearest CO-OP Network surcharge-free ATM. Text "more" for additional locations.2
*Subject to approval. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for Purdue Federal Student Checking is 0.00% APY for all balances. Membership eligibility required.
1 Free T-Shirt offer valid on new student checking accounts opened September 1 to September 30, 2017 at our Purdue Memorial Union or Northwestern Ave branches only. While supplies last.
2Data rates for your mobile device may apply. Please see the Online, Mobile and Text Banking Services Agreement for full disclosures.