Free Student Checking
Our free student checking is designed to help students build smart spending habits. It’s why we don’t charge a monthly fee for your checking account – no matter what your balance is.
- No Monthly Fee
- No Minimum Balance
- Online Banking + Free Mobile App
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Pay with Apple Pay™
- Paperless Statements and Online Bill Pay
- Custom Account Alerts (via email and text2)
- Popmoney - pay people with your phone!
- Free Pete Pop every Thursday at University Book Store
with your Purdue Federal Debit or Credit card
- Earn $5 a month just by using your Visa Debit Card 30 or more times* with My Member Perks
Here's what you'll need to open a Student Checking Account:
- Unexpired government-issued ID
- $5.00 minimum deposit
- Social Security number
- Primary Savings Account
Locations all over: here and your hometown.
- 2 branches on the Purdue University Campus
(walking distance from anywhere on campus)
- Several ATMs located on the Purdue University Campus
(including some Residence Halls and Food Courts)
- 1 branch on Ivy Tech's Lafayette Campus
- 30,000+ Surcharge-Free ATMs and 4,000+ Branch Locations all over the country!
- Find ATMs with your phone. Text your location—address, intersection, zip code OR city/state to 692667 (MYCOOP). You'll receive the location of the nearest CO-OP Network surcharge-free ATM. Text "more" for additional locations.2
Exclusive college debit card designs.
You’ll only find these unique card designs here at Purdue Federal.
New Designs Coming Soon!
See even more card designs here.
*Subject to approval. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for Purdue Federal Student Checking is 0.00% APY for all balances. Membership eligibility required.
2Data rates for your mobile device may apply. Please see the Online, Mobile and Text Banking Services Agreement for full disclosures.