Free Checking for Students
Our free student checking is designed to help students build smart spending habits. It’s why we don’t charge a monthly fee for your checking account – no matter what your balance is.
Benefits of your checking account:
- No monthly fee & no minimum balance
- Free mobile app with check deposit from your phone
- Pay with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, or Visa SRC
- Custom account alerts (via email and text1)
- Free Pete Pop every Thursday at University Book Store
- Earn $5 a month just by using your Visa Debit Card 30+ times* with My Member Perks
What you need to open a student checking account:
- Unexpired government-issued ID
- Purdue Student ID
- $5.00 minimum deposit
- Social Security number
- Primary Savings Account
University/College Card Designs:
Locations on campus and in or around your hometown:
- Two branches on the Purdue University campus
- Several ATMs located on the Purdue University campus
- One branch on Ivy Tech's Lafayette campus
- 30,000+ surcharge-free ATMs and 5,600+ branch locations all over the country
- Find ATMs with your phone. Text your location (address, intersection, zip code or city/state) to 91989. You will receive the location of the nearest CO-OP Network surcharge-free ATM. Text "more" for additional locations.1
*Subject to approval. Cash rewards will be automatically credited to your checking account each month there are 30 or more combined transactions by all Purdue Federal Visa Debit Cards associated with your checking account. Only accounts at the Silver, Gold or Diamond Status are eligible. Automatic cash reward will be made no later than the fifth day of the month immediately following the qualifying month. Monthly cash rewards will be reported to the IRS as taxable income. Social Security Number required for account holder to receive cash rewards. Health savings accounts, payroll card accounts and non-interest bearing accounts not eligible for cash rewards.
1Data rates for your mobile device may apply. Please see the Online, Mobile and Text Banking Services Agreement for full disclosures.